Protecting your Privacy
Beacon values your business and thanks you for your confidence in choosing our firm as your source of advice and products. As our client, you trust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the information you share in the course of doing business with us.
Your Rights as they pertain to your personal information:
- You have the right to know why Beacon collects, uses or discloses your personal information.
- You have the right to expect Beacon to handle your information reasonably and to only use it for the purpose to which you consent.
- You have the right to know who is responsible for protecting your information.
- You have the right to expect Beacon to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure.
- You have the right to inspect the information Beacon holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current.
- You have the right to expect Beacon to destroy your information when requested or when no longer required for the intended original purpose.
- You have the right to confidentially complain to Beacon about how it handles your information and to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if need be.
How Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
When you do business with us, you share personal information so that we may provide you with products and services that best meet your needs. We assume your consent for our firm to use this information in an appropriate manner. We may use and disclose this information in order to:
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner;
- Assess your requirements for investment and other services made available to you by Beacon;
- Address regular evaluation reports as well as any pertinent information documents on the securities held in your portfolio(s);
- Act as required by our professional ethics codes as well as the laws and regulations that govern our industry;
- Detect and prevent fraud.
What We Will NOT Do With Your Information
We do not sell nor share client information to/with anyone who might use it to contact you for reasons other than those to which you have given consent.
We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information
All employees, associated advisors and suppliers who are granted access to client records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use this information only for the purposes intended.
This expectation is clearly and regularly communicated. We have also established physical and systems safeguards, along with proper processes to protect client information from unauthorized access or use.
Your Privacy Choices?
You may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested products and services. We may occasionally use your personal information to provide you with information relative to our services, or events we believe may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this type of communication, please advise our Privacy Officer.
Our Privacy Officer is:
Bruce Wetherly, Beacon Securities
66 Wellington Street West, Suite 4050
Toronto ON, M5K 1H1
Unless advised otherwise, we assume we have your consent to continue using and maintaining any personal information we currently hold in our files regarding you.