Accessing this website indicates your agreement to the terms stated in the Legal Notices (below). If you do not agree with any of the below terms, do not access the website or any portion of it.
Beacon Securities Ltd., BSL and certain logos, icons and graphics, as well as page designs are the property and trademark of Beacon Securities Ltd. Unauthorized use, copy or reproduction and distribution of the materials on this site without prior written permission of Beacon Securities is prohibited. Copying or modifying the research or other materials on this may be a violation of statutory or common law rights and the violator could be subject to legal action. The Content of this website may be used of personal, non-commercial use only and may be displayed on a personal computer or printed for such use. All material which is printed or displayed must contain notices of the proprietor.
Beacon Securities Ltd is not responsible for direct, indirect special or consequential damages stemming from the use of this website, its content or any software used in conjunction with this website. This includes but is not limited to the information, documents, third party information and links to other websites. Beacon Securities Ltd will not be held responsible for any damages arising from the transmittal of confidential client information (not limited to account numbers and names) transmitted to us by you or sent to you by us at your request, via this website.
Beacon Securities Ltd cautions that although care and diligence has been used to compile the information presented on this website, links, data and information may become stale dated before the site is updated. Beacon Securities Ltd reserves the right to change the content of this website without providing notice to its users. Beacon Securities Ltd takes no responsibility for any errors or omissions contained herein. Personal homepages of representatives are under the auspicious of Beacon Securities Ltd however, links to other distributors, information sources and websites are not and the content, opinions and materials presented are neither monitored nor controlled by Beacon Securities Ltd.
Solicitation & Advice
In no way is the information presented here to be interpreted as a solicitation of an order to buy or sell any security. Beacon Securities Ltd will not accept orders to buy or sell securities by email. The investment information presented here is not intended to be taken as a personal recommendation. For personalized investment analysis and recommendations, please contact your representative. The information on this website is not to be considered as financial, legal, accounting or tax advice. Links contained on this site are in no way endorsements of the product, content or materials contained on the linked website.
Products and Services detailed on this website are offered only in the jurisdictions where they are legal and are subject to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of issue of the product service or information.
Areas of Business
Beacon Securities Ltd is a registered Dealer in the Investment Dealers Association of Canada and is registered by various provincial regulators. Beacon Securities Ltd does not operate outside of Canada and does not solicit business from residents of countries other than Canada. For a complete list of provinces where Beacon Securities Ltd is registered, please contact us. Beacon Securities Ltd will not conduct business in provinces where it is not registered to do so.
Persons outside of Canada access this site by choice and acknowledge that it is their personal responsibility to comply with local, national and international law. Information contained in this website may not be adapted or copied under copyright and export law. The material presented on this website is not a solicitation or offer for any product, service or information which is not authorized in a jurisdiction or to any one person to whom it is unlawful to make an offer or solicitation.
Trading in Multiple Marketplaces
With the deployment of alternate marketplaces in Canada, Beacon Securities Limited would like to inform you of conditions that may impact the execution of your order.
Beacon Securities is committed to use all practical efforts to provide “best execution” for our client’s orders that are traded on all marketplaces. Beacon Securities will diligently seek to provide the optimal execution for the client which is reasonably available with market conditions at the time of the order.
Unless otherwise stated by Beacon Securities Limited, the principal market for all TSX Listed securities will be the TSX.
Marketplace Hours of Operation
The principal market (TSX) operates between 9:30 am EST and 4:00 pm EST (10:30 am AST to 5:00 pm AST), Monday to Friday. The TSX is not open during statutory holidays in Ontario. While staff may be available outside of these hours, Beacon cannot guarantee execution outside the above noted hours.
Order Routing Environment
Any orders received prior to the principal market opening (TSX at 9:30 am EST); will be entered for execution on the principal marketplace to be executed at or after the opening. Orders received prior to market opening will not be routed to an alternate marketplace unless agreed upon by client and trader.
Orders received after the principal market closes (TSX at 4:00 pm EST); will be entered on the principal marketplace prior to opening on the following trading day. Orders received after close of the principal marketplace will not be routed to an alternate marketplace.
During the principal marketplace’s operating hours, any orders received will route to the best market at that time. Best market refers to the market, accessible by Beacon Securities, which can provide the best price, or the best likelihood of execution.
Orders not filled immediately will entered into the principal market and remain in that market until the order is filled, cancelled, changed, or expires.
Changes made to any outstanding orders, or portion remaining of outstanding orders, will receive the same order routing conditions as if it were a new order. The changed order will be entered into the best market, and unfilled portion of orders will default to the principal market.
There are certain order types which may be handled differently and have implications within an environment where alternate marketplaces exist.
- DAY ORDERS – A day order is an order received that will expire at the end of the day if not executed the same day order is received. All unfilled day orders, or portions of unfilled day orders expire at the close of the principal market.
- GTC (Good Till Cancelled) or Open Order – GTC orders will not expire until a specific date agreed upon. GTC or open orders are entered into the principal market place if not executable on any of the marketplaces at the time of entry. Orders remain on the principal market until filled, expires, or is cancelled.
- Market Orders – Market order is an order to buy or sell a security at the best available prices at the time of entry. These orders are time sensitive and require completion immediately. These orders will expire, if not filled in full, on the marketplace where the last portion of the order remains live, at the close of the marketplace.
- Limit Orders – Limit orders have specific minimum sale price or maximum purchase price. Any limit order received prior to open of the principal market will not be book to alternate marketplaces, but will be booked to the principal market for the open. Limit orders received during the hours of operation of the principal market will be routed to the market where the best price may be obtained. Any unfilled portions of a limit order will be booked to the principal market, where the remaining portion will remain live.
- Special Term Orders – Special Terms Orders (“STO”) are orders with specific terms that are not executable in the regular marketplace. STOs will be entered into the Special Terms Market of the principal marketplace unless they are immediately executable on an alternative marketplace at the time of entry. An STO, which is not filled, will expire on the close of business of the marketplace on which it has been entered.
- Market on Close Orders – A Market on Close (“MOC”) order must trade on the close, at the calculated closing price, of the principal marketplace. Currently the TSX is the only marketplace that offers a MOC facility. All MOC orders will therefore be entered into the TSX, as the principal marketplace. Please be advised that this is an anonymous price facility. Therefore you do not know the price at which you will be executed until after execution has completed. Limit orders are allowed but may, by the nature of a limit order, negate execution. For further details of this facility, please contact your Investment Advisor or Trader.